Rhonda Rubben, President
Grady Wilson, Executive Vice President
Joey Lawler, Vice President
Nancy Harper, Secretary
John Liles, Treasurer
Bob Patterson, Past President
Jay Boyd, Executive Board Member at Large
David Kimble, Southern Hills and Cockrell Tennis Centers
Open position, Querbes Tennis Center
Todd Killen, Bossier Tennis Center
Eddie Copete, East Ridge Country Club
Stevie Schmidt, Southern Trace Country Club
Phillip Campbell, Pierremont Oaks Tennis Center
At-Large Board Members:
Combo, Tri-Level, and Flex
Kaye Cochran, Community Coordinator
Angela Pfanner, 10 & Under Coordinator
Danny Roemer, Grievance Committee Chair
Louisiana Tennis Association Officers (local members):
Jay Boyd, Executive Vice President
Bob Patterson, North LA Representative
Grady Wilson, Vice President
John Liles, Past President
Philip Campbell, Past President
What is a CTA?
CTA is any geographically defined, not for profit, volunteer tennis organization that supports and provides programs which pulls the community together by promoting and developing the growth of tennis.
What is our purpose?
The purpose of the Northwest Louisiana CTA is to make an positive impact on the tennis community by providing support and resources in the development of programs, events, leagues, and facilities promoting tennis as a lifetime healthful sport within North Louisiana to all ages and all skill levels. The NWLACTA will collaborate with the USTA and other associations and programs in the pursuit of these goals.
Who are our members?
All USTA members are automatically grandfathered into the organization. Also, any tennis enthusiast who is willing to devote time and energy and who will bring constructive ideas and suggestions is welcome to be a part of any or all CTA meetings. Meetings are held on the first Wednesday of each month at 12:00pm at Pierremont Oaks Tennis Club.
What are our goals?
- Acquire grants from LTA, STA and USTA to fund programs.
- Let local players know who we are and why we exist.
- Improve media relations and media coverage.
- Host annual workshop to certify officials for tournaments.
- Support and sponsor the city tournaments.
- Financially assist USA Adult League teams when they advance to Sectionals, Regionals and beyond.
- Support local Juniors who are in need of financial assistance and sponsor Junior Novice Circuit.
- To eventually bring all local events and leagues under one umbrella to increase services and possibly reduce member costs.
- To promote and build the game of tennis in the Northwest Louisiana area.
- Promote USTA membership.