What are USTA Flex Leagues?
If you don’t have the time, we’ve got the league for you.
USTA Flex Leagues packages all the thrills of organized league tennis into a flexible schedule. Maybe you can’t commit to every Wednesday at 8:00 p.m. Maybe Tuesday of next week works better for you— or Thursday, the week after that. With Flex Leagues, it’s your call.
The Flex League format groups players of similar ability together in an organized seven to ten week league that allows participants to schedule matches on their own terms. Players register, view schedules, report scores and track standings at ustaflex.com.
How does it work?
- Search for a league in your area and register for a flight.
- If your search shows no results, you can submit your email to be notified when a league opens in your area each season.
- When registration closes, the Local Tennis Organizer will schedule the flights.
- When your schedule is published, you will receive an email that tells you how to view your schedule and contact information of your opponents.
- If there is a calendar icon next to a player’s name, the player has used the availability calendar/comment box to indicate preferred days/times/sites for matches or to show times of unavailability. Players must email/phone to confirm day/time/site of match.
- Either player may enter the score after the match is played but typically the winner does.
Do I have to be a USTA Member to play?
No! While USTA Members save $10 on each registration, you do not have to be a member to play.
What does it cost to play?
USTA Member ($25); non-USTA member ($35)
The “home” player is required to supply the balls and arrange and pay if necessary for the court time unless both players agree to another arrangement.
Where can I play my matches?
We’re flexible. You make the call. The Home player usually offers the first location but many times the players agree to “meet in the middle” to be more convenient for both players.
What format of play is used?
Local option decides if league plays best of three sets or a 10 point match tiebreak in lieu of a third set.
What levels of play are offered in my area?
All flights are based on the NTR levels so you know you will be playing against players of a similar ability level. Search by state and metro area to see which flights are offered in your area each season. So whether you are starting up, getting back in the swing of things or a seasoned veteran there is a flight for you.
NWLACTA Flex League Coordinator