Tennis professionals in Shreveport/Bossier have developed the JUNIOR NOVICE SINGLES TENNIS CIRCUIT to provide tournaments specifically for the beginner, novice players. The circuit is for non-ranked junior players only. Junior Novice tournaments are one day tournaments, scheduled approximately, once a month, throughout the year. The circuit is open to boys and girls in the tennis and recreational community of the northwest area of Louisiana. The Northwest Louisiana Community Tennis Association (NWLA-CTA) sponsors these events.
By participating in the tournament circuit, junior players will gain match play experience and become more knowledgeable about tournament play. Junior Novice tournaments are also the beginning “stepping stone” to competing in United State Tennis Association (USTA) junior sanctioned tournaments.
Entry Fee of $15 must be paid with entry form.
Please notify the tournament director, on Wednesday by 6:00 pm, if you are entering tournament the following weekend. Boys and Girls will compete in the following divisions: 8U, 10U, 12U, 14U, & HS.
- The standard entry fee for each tournament is $15.00 and must be paid with the entry form (checks made out to the host club).
- Players will not be allowed in the draw until the entry fee is paid.
(2016 schedule/ registration forms are available at each tennis facility)
- Entry deadline is 6:00 pm Wednesdays, before each tournament.
(Contact the tournament director for questions.)
- Draws and start times will be available at 2:00 pm, the Friday before each tournament.
- Starting times for the tournament depends on the tennis facility and the time of the year.
(See the tournament director for the starting time)
- Scoring Format:
8U: 2 out of 3 games to 7 pts. (red ball), gender neutral
10U: 2 out of 3 short sets to 4 games, no ad. scoring, (orange ball), gender neutral, if needed
12U: 2 out of 3 short sets to 4 games, regular scoring, tiebreaker in lieu of 3rd set, (green dot ball)
14U and High School: 2 out of 3 short sets, tiebreaker in lieu of 3rd set, (yellow ball)
- Unless weather prohibits or special events arise, the tournament will conclude on Saturday.
- If there are not enough participants in an age division, the tournament director can move a player up to the next level so he/she will have an event in which to play. Participants play in only one division.
- Balls will be provided for the matches.
- There will be a first-match consolation (i.e. each player will play at least two matches).
- Each tournament will offer awards for 1st and 2nd place.
- The junior novice circuit will conclude with the City Championship Tournament in November.